News

domingo, 11 de octubre de 2009

New Moon's Robert Pattinson talks Twilight hysteria, Taylor Lautner, & competing with Edward Cullen


Robert Pattinson is no stranger to the spotlight after taking on the role of Edward Cullen in the Twilight Saga. In a new interview to discuss New Moon, Pattinson talks about what it is like competing with Edward Cullen for dates, being in the center of the global 'Twilight' hysteria, and the fact that Taylor Lautner is one of the main protagonists in the New Moon film.

In a new interview with
The Sydney Morning Herald, Pattinson comments on the Twilight hysteria and how he is learning to deal with it by saying, "It's still sort of new." He continues, "To be honest, I still don't really understand what's going on. Like yesterday, I was having lunch down the road. We were in this place for a couple of hours and suddenly there was like 400 people outside on the street. It was just so nuts and it's like that all the time now." When asked what will happen when New Moon is released he says, "When the second one comes out, then I'll see how I am. Mostly I can ignore things to quite a big extent and kind of pretend they're not really happening." Pattinson who had scores of girls visiting him on the set of 'Remember Me,' and who can barely go anywhere without pandamonium reveals, "I just don't take any of it seriously. It's just a job and while it's a job I love, girls scream out for Edward, not Robert. I still can't get a date."

Pattinson discusses why fans will look to Taylor Lautner in New Moon, "I'm not the lead in the second film. Taylor [Lautner] is. I appear in Bella's dreams. So I'm in it but the focus is not on me. I just have significant moments at the beginning ... and the end. So I'm more of a supporting role in this one, which is why I felt so free. I didn't have to deal with any of the bulls***of the first one. I don't have to hold the movie or worry about the fans. I think I did it better without all those pressures."

0 comentarios:

Vampires Daries

New Moon Pictures
New Moon Pictures
New Moon Pictures